His professional career began after completing an apprenticeship with a German tax consultant and certified public accountant and after graduating from the University of Münster with a degree that is comparable to the US M.B.A.
- 2001 Partner at „Gehring & Partner – Wirtschaftsprüfer, Steuerberater und Rechtsanwälte“
- 1999 Manager at a large international audit firm in Munich, Germany
- 1997 Appointment as Wirtschaftsprüfer (German-certified public accountant) by the Bavarian Ministry of Economics, Transportation and Technology
- 1995 Appointment as Steuerberater (German appointed tax consultant) by the Bavarian Ministry of Finance, Germany
- 1991 Staff member in an accounting firm in Munich focused on mid-sized companies